NEW TRIUMPH TROPHY SE (1215cc)
The range-topping Trophy SE comes equipped with a powerful, integrated audio system, with Bluetooth technology, USB input, and iPod / MP3 player compatibility. The SE additionally features adjustable electronic suspension from WP, which is operated via an ergonomically designed switch cube. Riders select their preferred damping setting – Sport, Normal or Comfort; combine it with the bike’s loading – Solo, Solo plus luggage or 2-up, and select and review their settings via a dot matrix LCD screen. The ease of use and functionality means that personalised settings can be easily adjusted at the press of a button. The SE also benefits from Triumph’s Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, which adds a further layer of rider security whilst an integrated passenger 12v power supply allows additional accessories to be added.
At the heart of the Trophy, is the same characterful three-cylinder engine developed for the Tiger Explorer. The shaft driven, 1215cc triple, delivers an impressive peak power of 134ps at 8,900 revs and peak torque of 120 Nm at 6,450rpm. Over 100Nm of torque is available from 2,500rpm to 9,500rpm providing smooth, effortless power whenever needed. To ensure the optimum level of refinement, the engine features a counter rotating balancer shaft to smooth out crank shaft vibrations, while a torsional damping system is used to transfer power from the gearbox to the shaft drive through a sprung bevel gear. In addition to this, a metalastic shaft drive is used which allows a certain amount of compliance in the shaft assembly. These combined features help to provide a refined drivetrain and overall chassis performance which ensures the power is delivered in a smooth and controllable manner.
An extensive testing and development programme has honed the chassis to provide true touring comfort whilst still meeting Triumph’s exacting standards for control, stability, agility, precision and neutrality. This gives both rider and pillion exceptional comfort without sacrificing the pure enjoyment of riding.
Ride-by-wire technology provides both traction control and cruise control functionality, as well as optimising engine efficiency and fuel economy. Great effort has been made to optimise weather and wind protection with aerodynamically enhanced fairings. The electrically adjustable screen can raise 16.4 cm and comes with a memory function that automatically adjusts to the last pre-set position used when the bike is restarted. Rider and pillion passenger comfort is further enhanced with a range of seat options including heated front and rear seats. The rider seat height can additionally be adjusted between 800 and 820mm.
Features headlight positional adjustment, centre stand, rider seat height adjustment, lockable cockpit storage box with 12v power socket, a 26 litres fuel tank, and Triumph’s unique Dynamic Luggage System (TDLS), all as standard.
The Triumph Dynamic Luggage System helps maintain chassis balance by decoupling the mass from the chassis and allowing each pannier to move up to a five degree arc, optimising stability and refinement. With 31 litres of capacity per side pannier, additional storage can be gained with the optional 55 litres powered “Plug and Play” top box. The “Plug and Play” feature allows easy fitting and removal without the need to connect and disconnect cables or wires. It features a 12v socket on the inside to charge a camera, phone or any other electrical device whilst on the move.
The Trophy enjoys extended 10,000miles/16,000km service intervals with major services every 20,000 miles/32,000kms.
|[ Print page ]||[ Send page ]|
ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION
- Type Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity 1215cc
- Bore/Stroke 85 x 71.4mm
- Fuel System Ride by wire, fuel injection
- Exhaust Stainless steel 3 into 1, side mounted stainless steel silencer
- Final Drive Shaft Drive
- Clutch Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox 6 Speed Constant Mesh
- Oil Capacity 4.0 litres (1.1 US gals)
CHASSIS, RUNNING GEAR AND DISPLAYS
- Frame Aluminium beam twin-spar
- Swingarm Single-sided, cast aluminium alloy with shaft drive
- Front wheels Cast aluminium 5-spoke 17 x 3.5in
- Rear wheels Cast aluminium 5-spoke 17 x 6.0in
- Front tyre 120/70 ZR17
- Rear tyre 190/55 ZR17
- Front suspension: WP 43mm upside down forks, electronically adjustable rebound damping (sport/normal/comfort) with 127mm travel
- WP rear monoshock with remote oil reservoir, electronically adjustable hydraulic preload (1up, 1up+luggage, 2up), electronically adjustable rebound damping (sport, normal, comfort), 120mm rear wheel travel
- Front brakes Twin 320mm floating discs, Nissin 4-piston calipers, linked brakes (front brakes partially activated by rear), ABS (non-switchable)
- Rear brakes Single 282mm disc, Nissin 2-piston sliding caliper, ABS (non-switchable)
- Front Brake Master Cylinder Nissin integrated reservoir master cylinder 14mm diameter
- Dual analogue gauges (speedometer and tachometer) with multifunction dot matrix LCD to display trip information with ambient light level brightness compensation, dual trip computers (1 with adjustable automatic reset), fuel gauge, range to empty indication, service indicator, gear position indication, clock, air temperature, frost warning and accessory heated seats/grips status display, hazard warning light button, cruise control status, headlight position adjustment and scroll button on handlebars. Audio system information, TES status, TPMS status
DIMENSIONS AND CAPACITIES
- Length 2235mm (87.9in)
- Width 975mm (38.4in)
- Height without mirrors 1435mm (56.5in) - 1555mm (61.2in)
- Seat Height 800mm (31.5in) - 820mm (32.3in)
- Wheelbase 1542mm (60.7in)
- Rake/Trail 27.0º / 119.0mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity 26 litres (6.9 US gals)
- Wet Weight (without panniers) 301kg (662lbs)
- Pannier Capacity (per side) 31 litres (8.2 US gals)
- Pannier Max Load (per side) 10kg (22lbs)
PERFORMANCE (Measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power 134PS / 132bhp / 99kW @ 8900rpm
- Maximum Torque 120Nm / 89ft.lbs @ 6450rpm
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Coded key immobiliser. Ride by wire throttle. Linked brakes (front brakes partially activated by rear), ABS (non-switchable).
- Electronically adjustable screen with memory function. Sealed, automatically lockable cockpit storage box with 12v power socket. Small sealed underseat storage box. Rider and pillion power socket. Self-cancelling indicators (can be switched to manual). Cruise control. Traction control (switchable, always defaults to on). Dedicated D-lock storage (under seat). Quick release mountings for accessory tank bag. Dedicated SatNav mounting bracket location (mount bracket available as accessory). Electronically adjustable headlight position. Centre stand. Audio system. TES. TPMS. 2×20W speakers with digital signal processing and 3 band (bass, mid-range, treble) equalisation with automatic volume control (AVC) automatically adjusts volume based on vehicle speed. USB port with flash drive and MP3 player support (file types supported: AAC, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WAV and WMA). Compatible with iPod and iPhone (selected devices) via USB port. FM/MW/LW radio tuner with 15 presets per band. RDS functionality (alternative frequencies (AF), traffic alerts (TA), regional tuning (RG) and enhanced other networks (EON) (all markets except Japan). Program type tuning (PTY) i.e. News, Rock, Pop etc. (all markets except Japan). Auxiliary input allowing sat-nav instructions to be played through vehicle speakers. Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR, providing: output to up to two compatible headsets (using A2DP profile), input from up to two compatible devices (using A2DP profile), incoming phone call support (compatible phone and headsets required). Low voltage detection (automatic shutdown to preserve battery).
- Price £14299
- Available to order
- Lunar Silver
- Pacific Blue